Like men, many women (almost 50%), too, experience hair loss in a certain period of their lifetime. However, the good news is that this issue can be successfully treated and cured by undergoing a hair transplant in Delhi.
Contrary to popular belief, the modus operandi of hair transplant for women isn’t too different from men. However, in this aspect, the doctor will use the back of one’s head as the donor area. In some cases, donated hair follicles can be used as well.
The procedure of a female hair transplant will depend on the type of baldness you are experiencing. Hence, before you participate in the process, you must learn as much as you can on this subject. Hopefully, through this write-up, we can help you out.
Table of Content
Feel free to skip ahead if one topic catches your eyes –
- What is a Hair Transplant for Women?
- What are Female Hair Loss Patterns?
- Is Hair Transplant a safe option for Women?
- Who Can Be a Good Candidate For Female Hair Transplant?
- Female Hair Transplant Procedure
- Results and Maintenance
- What is the Cost of Female Hair Transplant in India?
What is a Hair Transplant for Women?
In a female hair transplant procedure, the surgeon tends to extract hair follicles from a specific donor area. In most cases, the backside of the head is chosen, as it usually produces a healthy branch of hair. Now, once the follicles are collected, the hair care specialist will implant them on the recipient area by making small incisions.
Usually, the procedure of hair transplant for women in India is classified into two different categories. Here’s what you need to know about them.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction): The surgeon will begin the procedure by making small incisions on your scalp. Now. they will put the collected hair follicles in it. It is much safer and offers a quicker result than the FUT process. During the procedure, the doctor will use local anesthesia on the recipient area. So, you will not feel any pain or discomfort during the procedure. Usually, FUE offers better outcomes due to the grafting technique. Moreover, as it involves a lesser number of penetrations, the recovery will be much quicker for the patient.
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation): In this procedure, the doctor will use a medical tool (scalpel) to cut a strip of skin from your scalp. Then, the skin will be separated into small portions and placed on the recipient area.
The FUE procedure tends to be more popular amongst women, as it does not cause any scarring at all. Besides, it also offers a better result in almost every case.
However, each of these procedures is usually used for men as well. So, how’re they different for the female community? Let’s learn more about it.
- The pattern of hair loss for men is much different than for women. Usually, a female individual experiences thinning of hair before losing them. So, the core of the transplantation procedure will change for them.
- Generally, the male pattern baldness usually reduces the front section of their hairline. However, in female pattern baldness, the female hairline begins to get thinner all over the head.
What are Female Hair Loss Patterns?
Abnormal hair loss, medically known as alopecia, usually occurs when our body’s ability to produce hair gets interrupted. It can be caused by various internal or external reasons, which, in turn, helps in classifying the problem of hair loss into different categories. Here’s what you need to know about them.
- Female Pattern Baldness: Also known as androgenic alopecia, female pattern hair loss is usually identified by the thinning of one’s hairline. If left untreated, it can cause baldness. The issue is generally related to androgens secreted in a female body. Additionally, the condition is also known to be hereditary. So, if anyone in your family had suffered from it, then there is a risk for you as well. Sometimes, hormonal changes, such as menopause, may also trigger this problem amongst women. Nevertheless, like everything else, it can be treated with a female hair transplant in India.
- Traction Alopecia: Traction alopecia generally occurs when your hair follicles have been damaged or traumatized due to an accident or any other reason. The issue begins by producing small pimples or bumps on your forehead. However, as it progresses, it starts showing the signs of missing or broken hair. Depending on your hairstyle or how you comb your hair, it may affect the other areas of your scalp as well. This type of hair loss is not too common, but the female hair transplant success rate, in this aspect, is pretty high. Nonetheless, you may have to change your hairstyle (after the procedure is done) to avoid any further damage to your scalp or hairline.
- Scarring Alopecia: Otherwise known as cicatricial alopecia, scarring alopecia is known to be quite rare. However, if it occurs, it can cause redness, decreased or increased pigmentation, scaling, pustules, etc. on your scalp. In some cases, it may also show symptoms of internal swelling. This inflammation can destroy the hair follicles from within and cause excessive hair loss. It is a worrisome situation as there is no information available on the primary cause of scarring alopecia. Hence, most hair care specialists generally categorize it by detecting the inflammation. Scarring alopecia is quite common amongst younger adults and dark-skinned women.
- Telogen Effluvium: This condition generally occurs if your body or scalp has experienced a traumatic event, like malnutrition or major surgery. In some cases, it can be caused by childbirth as well. When such trauma happens, it prompts the hair follicles to transit from the telogen (resting stage) to the shredding phase. If you have a healthy scalp, then around 10%-20% of your hair follicles will be in the telogen phase at any given time. So, when telogen effluvium occurs, these hair follicles will begin malfunctioning and cause massive hair fall. In this case, the doctor will treat the underlying condition, which has prompted this event, before providing hair transplant for women.
Is Hair Transplant a safe option for Women?
The hair transplant treatment is usually associated with men. Due to this reason, most women tend to avoid this procedure. So, like many others, you, too, might be thinking, “do hair transplants work for women”? Well, to answer your question, yes, they do work perfectly for the female community. But, what are the benefits of hair transplant for women? Let’s find out!
- Most women are extremely concerned about their appearance, especially their hairline. With a hair transplant, you can get back to the days of flaunting your glorious hair in front of an awestruck audience. In some cases, the procedure can also help in increasing the density of your hair. So, you can try different hairstyles as well.
- By undergoing a female hair transplant procedure, you can get rid of bald spots as well. Hence, socializing with people, especially the young and judgemental ones, would be a piece of cake for you.
- Unlike men, women’s hair generally needs a certain amount of maintenance to look glossy and beautiful. However, a hair transplant surgery, unlike other cosmetic hair care procedures, does not need too much upkeep at all. So, you may save a decent amount of your personal time and use it somewhere else.
- Finally, a hair transplantation procedure, especially FUE, usually does not cause any side effects as well. You may feel a bit of pain or discomfort in the recipient area, but that’s all about it. The minor problems usually go away within a few days. You can also return back to your daily life right away after the procedure is complete.
When talking about the safest procedure for ladies hair transplant, the first name that comes to mind is FUE. Unlike FUT, it does not cause any scarring on your scalp. Moreover, the downtime is much less in this aspect as well, due to less penetration. However, the usage of a certain technique would depend on the pattern or cause of your hair loss. So, be sure to talk with your hair care specialist on this subject thoroughly before undergoing a transplant procedure.
Who Can Be a Good Candidate For Female Hair Transplant?
Contrary to how you initially thought, a hair transplant procedure would not be a perfect option for everyone. To undergo the same, you will need to be perfectly eligible for it. Here is what you need to know about these criteria.
- You will need to be aged between 25-65. The scalp of younger people has a higher chance to reverse the damage caused by underlying issues and produce healthy hair follicles. Moreover, the downtime of the procedures tends to be somewhat minimal for individuals who are aged 30 or less.
- If you have had an elevated hairline since your birth, then undergoing a hair transplant for women can be an ideal solution for you. However, you may have to identify the issue, which has caused this condition, before transplanting hair.
- People, who are suffering from scarring alopecia, are known to be the best candidates for hair transplantation. Nevertheless, it might not provide the ideal scenario for women who are aged more than 65.
However, in certain conditions, trying out a hair transplant might not be the ideal choice for you. Some of these are –
- Make sure to avoid transplantation therapy if you are under 24.
- Hair transplantation therapy can, sometimes, cause complications to people who are suffering from heart disease.
- Individuals, who are suffering from bloodborne ailments, must avoid hair transplant surgery.
- People, who have an allergic reaction against anesthesia, should not undergo this procedure.
- Lastly, if you are suffering from hemophilia, then it might be better for you to avoid hair transplant procedures.
Female Hair Transplant Procedure
The process of hair transplant for women in India usually entails two distinctive steps. These are –
- Extraction and Harvesting of Hair Follicles: The surgeon usually begins the procedure by extracting hair follicles from the donor place. After that, the grafts will be harvested by them by preservation. It will help the doctor in maximizing the overall potential of the hair grafts while avoiding any kind of wastage.
- Transplanting Grafts: After the harvesting session has been completed, the physician will create tiny incisions on your scalp. Once it is done, the extracted hair grafts will be implanted in the cuts precisely. The whole procedure usually takes around eight hours to complete, depending on the number of grafts.
Following the procedure, your doctor will provide you with a set of post-operative instructions. Be sure to follow them heartily to ensure a quicker growth of your hair.
Results and Maintenance
After around three to four weeks of the completion of hair transplant for women in India, your transplanted hair will start falling out. However, it is quite natural, so there’s no need to worry. The new hairs will begin growing after four months. Within a year, your head will fill with a dense hairline.
Here are some of the hair care tips that might help you in growing your hair faster –
- Try to avoid restrictive dieting
- Increase your overall protein intake
- Using products that have caffeine in them can also be beneficial, as they can keep your hair roots active and prolong the growth phase
- Make sure to use essential oils to boost your hair growth
- Attempt to get biotin, Vitamin C, D, and E, Iron, Zinc, and Omega-3
- Having a scalp massage once in a while might be ideal for your hair growth as well
What is the Cost of Female Hair Transplant in India?
The average cost of a female hair transplant (FUE) is around INR 35-75 per graft. On the other hand, you may undergo the FUT procedure by paying INR 25-35 per graft. However, the cost of the same can be affected by several aspects. Some of these are –
- The location of the clinic (the price will increase if it is located in an urban area)
- The experience of the doctor (a surgeon, who has experience of more than 5 years will charge more than an inexperienced specialist)
- Usage of technologies in the hospitals
Now that we have cleared your confusion about pricing, let’s learn more about how to find the best clinic for yourself.
- Learn about the experience of the surgeon (should be at least five years or more)
- The reputation of the clinic (you can understand it by following the reviews of the organization)
- Usage of advanced technology (you can ask about it while contacting the clinic for your purpose)
Are female hair transplants successful? Yes, they. indeed, are. However, the success rate of a procedure usually depends on the capability of the surgeon and their staff members. So, if you are looking for a suggestion regarding this aspect, then we would ask you to opt for Dermalife. The organization houses some of the most experienced hair care specialists in India. Moreover, they also hold various state-of-the-art technologies to offer the best result. Hence, if you are interested in it, be sure to contact them as soon as possible.